Intro and Basic functionality:
This is a slight difference between the two.
Microsoft HealthVault is a web-based platform from Microsoft to store and maintain health and fitness information for both individuals and healthcare professionals. A HealthVault record stores an individual’s health information. Access to a record is through a HealthVault account, which may be authorized to access records for multiple individuals, so that a mother may manage records for each of her children or a son may have access to his father’s record to help the father deal with medical issues. Access to the account is through Windows Live ID or a limited set of OpenID Continue reading “Thoughts on Google Health and Microsoft HealthVault”
Case: Dealing with Traffic Jams in London
What are the risks of the project?
* All about your contact information
* Call me JJ.
* what’s my name?
* what’s your name?
* what’s my home address?
* where am I?
* How can i go to school?
* what’s my phone number?
* what’s my email address?
Google’s statement on Jan 12, 2010: A new approach to China
1. Why did Google issue the statement of January 12th?
- To be clear they are facing difficulties in their efforts made to provide great services to the Chinese users
- To tell people that they believe in and insist on freedom of speech and democracy on the web Continue reading “Google in China”
Porter provides the general manager with a classic view of the major five forces that shape the competitive environment of a firm. These five competitive forces are:
- Potential threat of new entrants
- Bargaining power of buyers
- Bargaining power of suppliers
- Threat of substitute products
- Industry competitors
When a firm resolves those competitive forces, it wins the game.
The main tools to resolve each of the forces. Continue reading “How does Zipcar apply Porter’s Competitive Forces Model on IT decisions”
Seriously, DO NOT buy an iPhone.
If you do, you will, someday soon after the purchasing, find yourself can’t live without it.
What’s more, you will be bored to death without network connection on your iPhone.
iPhone has changed my life a lot. It makes life easier and more enjoyable.
Let’s see what I have on my iPhone.
I have both Google Voice and Skype.
Google Voice is nice because it could convert audio message into text message,which is super awesome.
1. What are Twitter’s advantages and challenges given its chosen technology configuration (i.e. its open source platform and 140-character message limit)?
Open source platform:
Advantages: Continue reading “case study: Entrepreneurs at Twitter”
You may read the case here: 5.2 Boeing 787 Dreamliner
What could have been done differently to avoid the problems faced by the Dreamliner program?
- Do not outsource the production on critical parts of the plane, of which quality is extremely important and very hard for cooperating companies to maintain. Continue reading “Case study: Boeing 787 Dreamliner”
You may read the case here: 6.1 Hasbro
1. What are the key components of the infrastructure Hasbro used for this project?
The key components of the infrastructure are Amazon Web Services (AWS), open source software, and the monitoring software.
Continue reading “Case study: Hasbro”